Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Glass is Always Half Full in My World

So, this morning I was contemplating the whole Internet-dating phenomenon, and despite my skepticism, I actually came to a positive realization regarding said dating method. With Internet dating there is at least a chance, albeit a miniscule one, that I could potentially meet someone worthy of dating today (an average Wednesday).

Hear me out on this one. What do you do during your average weekday? Well, if you are like me, you work for a good ten or twelve hours a day. Now, I conjecture that I'm not likely to meet Mr. Wonderful in my office today. I've come into contact with the same coworkers throughout my tenure here, and unless someone new and fabulous is starting today, it's not happening. And LBH, we've all engaged in office romances. And, perhaps after realizing what a monumental mistake this is, we've abandoned the workplace as an outlet for meeting potential significant others.

What else do you do during the weekday? Perhaps you workout. Even in your cutest workout attire, are you likely to meet "the one" while sweating through Salsa aerobics? No. Daily errands? As you are standing in line at the coffee shop/bookstore/lunch venue you may well spot someone who catches your eye. We've all been there; we've all spotted that gorgeous guy in the line adjacent to us. He's well dressed, he's a fellow caffeine addict, he's paying the barista...and then, as he collects his change we spot...the wedding ring.

But, with Internet dating, it is possible to stumble across the next potential significant other even in the middle of an otherwise monotonous week. That my friends (and those who are not technically my "friends" but who read this blog because they [like me] find reading the thoughts of random people to be quite interesting) is one positive aspect of Internet dating.

1 Comments:

Blogger NotCarrie said...

Oh no! This makes perfect sense and now I feel like I need to give internet dating a try. (A real try)

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home