Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Active Status

So, as we all know, tonight Reluctant Dater is embarking on a first date with a gentleman she recently met on our Internet dating service of choice. In discussing this upcoming date, it occurred to me that I could not recall which young man was deemed to be worthy enough of RD to join her this evening. So, of course, I asked RD for the username of said gentleman. And, as I prepared to log into Match and do a little research, I had a moment of panic (well, not panic per se, but then I'm quite the fan of hyperbole).

Why "panic"? Well, if I log into Match all those who view my profile will see that I've been recently active. For you see, dear readers, I have not logged into Match in at least a week and a half. Why? Well, I've been occupied with EE and thus I've had little desire to scan the profiles of other young lads. And, were EE to glance at my profile today, Match would inform him that I had been active "within 2 weeks." This, I believe, demonstrates a certain level of interest in the potential object of my affection.

Of course, were EE to be on Match himself, and looking at my profile, he could hardly fault me for being recently active now could he? Hello Pot, said Kettle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home