Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Fear Not Dear Readers, Objection Returns

So, I'm sure everyone has been frustrated by the lack of blogging this week. I apologize profusely for my failure to update our dedicated readers on the very "exciting" details of my Internet dating life. So, without further delay, I will provide the commentary you so desire. Or, will I? I find that it is difficult for me to blog regarding the good dates. I do not hesitate to provide details regarding ridiculous e-mails. I do not pause before posting negative comments regarding pathetic profiles. But, the good dates are problematic.

Why is this the case?

One could argue that it's more entertaining to write about the failures than the successes. It's certainly easier to come across as amusing when discussing the negatives, especially when one's humor tends to revolve around sarcasm (as mine tends to do). Yet, I'm pretty confident that the real reason I tend to shy away from blogging about the good dates/experiences is because I'm paranoid. Yes, I'm always convinced that somehow, despite the many many security measures utilized on Playing With Matches, the potential object of my affection will stumble across this blog, recognize himself, and be a little less than amused by it all.

So, we'll leave it at this. Date number 5 has been scheduled. Details TBA...maybe. And, dear potential object of my affection, should you read this...just know that I'm having an excellent time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home