Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Recap of E-Correspondence, Part II

Following in Objection's footsteps (and because some of this is too good to keep to myself):

  1. A second email from a gentleman who I had previously ignored (see reasons intimated below by Objection), asking me (get ready for this) if I would like to spend his birthday with him (after saying, in the same email, "I'm already liking you a lot!!!!" [points for making it two words]). He apparently thought the world of me (which is fine--great, even...but from my profile? It's a very atypical one and surely you cannot get to know me from its words) and thought he'd like to spend his big day with me. Now, my first reaction was "OMG, this is so weird/I already ignored this guy what is he thinking/wow." I then proceeded to feel very, very bad for this man. Resorting to asking someone you don't even know to spend time with you on your birthday? It almost made me cry. Almost.
  2. I have had numerous emails where people try to guess my ethnicity. I mean, that's all that is contained in the email. It's like a geography showdown, a list of incongruent worldy locales that have nothing to do with who I am. Dark haired, dark eyed beauties beware: if you don't put your ethnicity down on your profile (a mere oversight on my part, but now its absence is amusing me) men might find it to be a legitimate conversation starter.
  3. Verbatim: "Hi there nice profile,i'm pretty impressed love your pics you look awesome,how are you doing today?"
  4. And an excerpt: "Read my profile,. look at my photo, and ask your self...do you feel lucky...i mean, do you like?" Um, ew. And, no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home