Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Recap of E-correspondence

So, the "fun" continues. Over the past week or so, I've received a few e-mails from eligible bachelors thanks to my Internet-dating service of choice. Here are a few highlights:

1. One man e-mailed me and commented how much he liked my profile. He then proceeded to explain that he was really just looking for a "friend with benefits." Um, it's called an Internet dating service. Thanks.

2. I received an e-mail this morning from a man who apparently had e-mailed me previously. I had ignored said first attempt at correspondence. Now if I e-mail someone, and they do not respond I assume that the individual is not interested (his loss) and I soon forget about him. Well, apparently this guy (aka stalker) believes that persistence pays. His latest correspondence asked if I were playing hard to get. Hard to get? Yeah sure, that's it.

3. Another e-correspondence was received from a man who has a fascinating profession associated with one of my primary hobbies. Unfortunately, he did not include a photograph. Also, his e-mail was a little creepy (but as Reluctant Dater pointed out creepy "in an intriguing way"). Now, if he'd included a photograph, I could have determined whether or not I should be afraid of him merely by his appearance (JUST KIDDING!).

Ah Internet dating...Bringing adventure to your inbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home