Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hands off my tiara, MISTER!

I know in the past either rd or objection...or maybe both came up with quite the comprehensive list of rules as they explored the world of internet dating. Since I'm new...I though I'd make mine. Though I don't have that many so I'll probably spread them over a few posts...a few of mine have been deemed controversial by my friends and acquaintances. But it might give readers some further insight into who I am now...

First I will start with my two main and most important rules.

1. They must be taller than me.

2. They must be older than me.

Now before I get arguments as to how many people have found love and highly successful relationships when breaking one or both of these rules...LET'S BE CLEAR...I will not break these. The two stick and will forever stick. And yes, I have broken them in the past with disastrous results.

So here is a bit in the way of explanation.

1. I'm 5-6. In heels, I am 5-8 or 5-9. I do not like feeling like a "big girl". You must be taller and you must weight significantly more. I was really turned off once when on a "boat date" the boat was stuck and said date hopped off the boat and said "it may help to have my 135 lbs off the boat"...and to be clear he was talking about himself. turn off.

2. No youngin' for me. I'm from a redneck town in florida, i can use that phrase. I am attracted to men who are established, who like to do things (as opposed to sitting on the couch and drinking beers) and have opinions on current events. Yes, I know there are plenty of men under 30 which meet this criteria...which is fine and well I'm just not going to date them.

A girl has to have standards.

1 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

I'm glad someone else has these two golden rules. My girlfriends always give me a hard time about them. But, like you, I've found that breaking one or the other tends toward disastrous results.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home