Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Were You Lying Then...

or are you lying now?

That's the question EE.

Last night, I came home and checked my e-mail. I was getting ready to compose a message to AG (guy with whom I've communicating on one of the on-line sites and who just asked me out ...yay!). I noted that I had a new match on e-Harmony. The new match's name is Steve, and Steve resides in my same city of residence. Interesting. I click on Steve's profile and you can imagine my surprise when I realize that Steve is none other than...that's right, EE.

For those of you who don't know, E-harmony does not give you the ability to search for your matches. Apparently, the folks at E-harmony decided EE and I would make a great couple (based on our compatability profiles) and thus matched us up. The chances of this happening? I have no idea. But, it seems just unbelievable.

Shaking, I started to read his profile. First, I noted that he "wants kids." Hmmm, interesting. Not the tune EE was singing three weeks ago.

I thought about calling him. I actually dialed the number. But, I couldn't do it. Nope. Emily Post, aka "mom", concurs.

Thus, I'll just let this go. Oh, how I would love to be there to see his expression when he opens his inbox and finds my profile waiting for him. He never in a million years thought he'd get "caught." Ooops. Now, the question is, do I "close" the match before he gets a chance to do so, or do I wait to see how he proceeds?

Moving on with haste...

8 Comments:

Blogger Reluctant Dater said...

um, PANTS. ON. FIRE.

1:19 PM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

be glad he's gone...

2:00 PM  
Blogger dr. strangelove said...

close it! seriously. my recommendation is not to leave the door open to this guy unless he wants to come and bang it down.

2:52 PM  
Blogger allan said...

The dating scene around here is such a small world, I've probably come across a dozen people on Yahoo and EH. And it is weird when I come across the profile of someone I've dated on one of those dating sites.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Reluctant Dater said...

allan, let us put out a hypothetical: what if the reason you are given for the break up is that s/he doesn't think it's an opportune time to do so? and then appears on a "competitor's" dating site?

8:21 PM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

yeah. he's a sleaze. carry on:D

10:57 PM  
Blogger allan said...

RD: s/he doesn't think it is an opportune time to date? As in, s/he is not ready for dating? But, is still on one or more dating sites?

Well, then, s/he is a lying sleaze and a coward for not telling the person they are going out with the truth.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Reluctant Dater said...

my point exactly, allan. :)

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home