Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

My Week In Review

Hello everyone, Objection here with a recap of her week in single status.

1. Earlier this week, I received an e-mail from none other than EE. Yup, almost two and a half weeks after the breakup, he reinitiated correspondence. Not satisfied with a mere, "Hey, what's up" kind of e-mail (which honestly would have been the only really appropriate way to reinitate conversation), EE tried a different approach. In said e-mail he, among other things, admitted that he'd been in the building where my office is located earlier this week on other business. He thought this would be a good opportunity to stop by (I wasn't around). Um, okay. He NEVER stopped by my office when we were dating. How is this okay now? Especially after not corresponding for almost three weeks. Thanks for playing EE.

2. I have been corresponding with a young man whom I met on one of my new Internet dating websites of choice. I'm quite enjoying this. Of course, we have no idea if this is going anywhere. I am hopeful that we'll eventually decide to meet up because I find him to be quite interesting. However, it's always hard to gage interest on-line. We shall see.

3. I received a profile from the other Internet dating service of choice from an attractive guy. We shared some common interests etc. I was very interested until I noticed three things (1) he shares the same profession as my ex...and this is a profession that allows one lots of access to hot, young co-eds and as such I avoid it like the plague (2) he has children (3) he lives at the ends of the earth (translation outside the Beltway). Trifecta.

4. No correspondence from FWB at all. I am giving up hope. It's odd, because we've maintained pretty steady correspondence for almost a year. It's all about timing my friends.

5. I finally wrote a response to EE. RD edited. I sort of freaked out a little bit as I was within 2 blocks of his office yesterday for a meeting. Walking around on the lunch break, I was sure I would run into him. Crisis avoided, thankfully.

6. I just received a communication from another on-line guy. Um, when you post pictures do NOT post pictures with you and your ex. The caption actually said "My ex." No, not okay. Not remotely. You are obviously not over her.

Thus concludes another exciting week here as a single gal. More to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger allan said...

I would like to add to that: please do not post pictures of you and your ex with most of your ex cut out. Seriously, take a new picture.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home