Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Letter to the Former Object of my Affection

Dear EE,

FYI, I have your hat. Last week, when I was cleaning out my car in an attempt to remove all evidence of you from my life, I found it. You know the one I'm talking about. It's well broken-in and obviously loved. It was in the back, among the wide variety of gum wrappers which you discarded onto the floor of my vehicle with reckless abandon and never removed (despite the fact that my car is basically spotless and that you know I'm a bit of a neat freak). My friends encouraged me to discard said hat in the trash. RD insisted upon it. Yet, dear mom (Emily Post in the flesh) said I should hold onto it. Secretly, I think she's just hoping we'll reconcile (hey she's pretty eager for grandkids). Because I'm nice, I put it in the trunk of my car. If you had attempted to maintain any sort of communication with me, I would have confessed that I had the hat. But, alas, you seem incapeable of doing so. This is probably because you realize you are an idiot. Trust me, I already came to that realization.

Yours, (not any more)
Objection

1 Comments:

Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

I say keep the hat! Look at it like a parting gift! "Thank you for playing".

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home