Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Following in the Footsteps of RD

Yes, after RD's brave performance of this week, I decided it was time to demonstrate my own "courage" and finally have the long-dreaded talk with dear EE. As EE and I have a date scheduled for tonight, I decided this would be the perfect time for such a discussion. This morning, I e-mailed RD a script of what I planned to say. LBH, despite my attempts to have similar convos in the past, I've yet to be successful. So, even as I drafted my script for RD's review, I was pretty doubtful that the words would ever make it to the ears of EE. The theme of this script was the basic "where do we see this going" motif.

Yet, RD came to my rescue, yet again. After reviewing the script, and declaring it "awesome," she suggested that perhaps I send it in e-mail form to EE today with an intro paragraph stating that I wanted to discuss this further tonight. Hmmmm, I thought, that might be just crazy enough to work. So, after editing the text and drafting the intro paragraph, I awaited his next e-mail with bated breath. Unlike my usual reaction when I see an e-mail pop up from EE in my inbox (Yay!), this time, the sight of the envelope with a flash of light behind it (thanks Yahoo), caused heart palpitations, a dry mouth, and a whole lot of other symptoms of anxiety. Gulp. Time to send my e-mail (of course, I waited a while before responding to give the illusion that I was drafting said response...yeah, I'm smart like that).

And, so eventually, I pressed the old send button and off went the e-mail. I waited as my future sat in an inbox. Finally, his reply. Now, if his earlier e-mail caused anxiety, you can only imagine what the second e-mail caused. I couldn't even open it at first. It was like the day you get your college acceptance letters; you want to open that envelope so badly, but it's so effing scary.

Finally, I got up the nerve to open it. His response was brief, but breezy and cute. We are apparently discussing tonight. Okay. Great. Can't effing wait.

So, here I sit, in my perfect little apartment awaiting my fate. My outfit was selected with care. It says, I'm cute, but I'm not trying too hard to be so (again, thanks RD). The minutes are ticking by, and I cannot decide if I want to leave or not. I know ultimately that I have no choice. First of all, not showing up at all would be rude. Secondly, it's not an option. I need to know the answer to my question, even if it's not what I want to hear. So, I'll post this blog and head out the door. Update to follow, obviously.

1 Comments:

Blogger romance junkie said...

i seriously can't wait to hear how this turns out! Bravo on the bravery!!!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home