Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Confirmation...

...of some things, but not of everything.

So, plans for "catching up" with RCB have been established. He not only initiated talks but he also checked in yesterday to discuss details and confirm.

It should come as no surprise to those of you who know me and/or very carefully read this blog that we will be having drinks after work (at an undisclosed location--I don't want an audience!). What is surprising however, is the fact that (1) this was his idea (2) he helped in the decision making (3) it is happening outside of work (4) he has said, over the course of the past two days, how much he is looking forward to this. Interesting, as he never showed any interest in anything before (circa two years ago), I was always the one to initiate anything and we rarely, if ever, hung out outside of the workday (I am not proud of this).

Oh yeah, The Hooker has moved to another state. Thanks to my great friends for doing some recon.

So, there's a lot going on here, a little of which is making me skeptical and a little of which is making me curious. I won't say that I am feeling hopeful. I'm going in with an open mind but not an open heart. There're a lot of unaswered questions (at least on my end) and I'm not certain that tomorrow is going to be the best time to have them answered (or if there is even going to be a good time to ask them).

Despite objection's predictions, I contend I'm just going to go have drinks with an old friend. A lot can happen in two years. God only knows I'm a much [more cynical, hardened, tough] different person than I was then. I'm not counting on change, just anticipating the possibility of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger NotCarrie said...

I love that: open mind, but not an open heart.

!!!!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home