Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Opportunities

Big party tonight. Big party tonight with lots of single men that i have never met before, my friends have never met before and most importantly, none of my friends have hooked up with...my small big city has become very small recently. So while I know the hosts, relatively few of my friends are able to attend AND there were a lot of unrecognizable email addresses bearing male names in the mass invite. I study these things, I freely admit it and I would wager that many of the readers of this blog do as well. But anyways, the host called for single people and his desperate plea for the single people to be women just made we want to attend all the more.

But that was at the beginning of last week...NOW i'm trying to figure out why? Why am I sitting on my couch searching the web? My hair is still wet from the shower and yes, there is mascara under my eyes. I have not bothered to even take care of that...I did get dressed in jeans, white tee and a pair of old flops (not exactly glamorous party attire). I am resenting the fact I even have to go...and yes I do have to go...it's a housewarming and he attends all my parties...it would be rude not to attend.

I had thought I would try to look cute for the evening. But for some unknown reason, I have no urge to make any effort to get gussied up.

Now watch, the man of my dreams will be there and will talk to me. Oh well.

Also, I have a friend going with me tonight who is a terrible flirt, so even if i come back with nothing good I'm sure she'll provide some material.

2 Comments:

Blogger NotCarrie said...

Well, the man of your dreams will just have to notice you looking more normal-which wouldn't be a bad thing! You won't have to continue dressing up once you start dating:)

10:02 PM  
Blogger Reluctant Dater said...

waiting for an update, rj...

addendum, please.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home