Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

And then there were two.

My saved voice mail messages now total just two.

When we started this blog six months ago, I had eight saved voice mail messages--seven from Him and one from post-RCB/pre-Him or, as we like to call him, "the asshole."

The deletions started off innocently. One day, I was cheerfully reminded that I had one message marked for deletion. Instead of hitting "9" to save, I hit "7." And then there were seven.

It soon became easier. When weeks went by without any sort of contact from Him, I'd delete one. How I got to just having one left from each of them, I am not certain. But I am proud of myself. Baby steps, but significant ones.

I'm not going to lie. It might have to do with the fact that I am getting attention from other people these days. I know that's the reason I was able to once and for all delete Him from my messenger contact list last week. I don't need to know that he's in the office and ignoring me. And, I don't care.

Regardless of the impetus, it's getting done. Soon I will have a whole slew of new saved messages. I mean, that's the whole point of all of this, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home