Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Over It Already?

So, less than a week after the break up, I find that I'm already over it. My appetite is back and I'm sleeping normally. I've already worked on my E-Harmony profile. Yup, I'm back. Tonight, when filling in BFF on the details of the breakup (she was out of town during the melt down of Friday night), I actually found myself laughing at how bad of a love match EE and I were. And, during my conversation with RD this evening, I started to realize that I'm in the "angry" phase. However, I'm not "that" angry because honestly I don't think I was as into EE as I might have thought I was at the time.

While we're on the subject of why EE and I were not a great love match, allow me to point out yet another red flag. RD loves this one. In the five and a half months we dated, I was never allowed to look in his refrigerator. Ever. Does anyone else think this is odd?

I haven't heard from EE and I'm not really sure whether I will. We left as friends, but such things rarely work out. In all honesty, we would probably make much better friends than we would a couple. I did, however, hear from F.W.B. today (admittedly in response to an e-mail I sent to him). Interesting, but dangerous.

And, so back to my old self, I'm ready to face the world as a single gal again. I'm happy to be done with the wallowing. I'm happy that getting over it didn't take that long. I'm tremendously thankful for the support of all of my friends and my family in helping me get through the mourning period. Okay, enough of that. Bring on the adventures.

1 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

You go girl! Wallow in your singleness for a while.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home