Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Friday, September 22, 2006

I could never, EVER be a contestant on The Bachelor.

I think I have a jealousy issue. That may or may not stem from an inadequate view of myself as a dater.

Is it weird that if I’m interested in someone, I don’t want him to be interested in (ie email, talk to, go out with, make out with) any other girl(s) (and by interested I mean looking to date)? Ok, so we’re not exclusive. Hell, we’re not even “dating,” per se. But I still get that feeling in the pit of my stomach knowing that he is communicating with other females. (Note: this is a general "he" not a specific one.)

It’s not like I couldn’t be doing the same—well, communicating with other men, I mean. But I have a problem focusing attention (aka crush energy) on more than one person at a time. I’m a unilateral dater. Hmm, not sure if that even makes sense, but you know what I mean.

The good thing is, this jealousy is never outwardly manifested. In other words, he never knows about it because I hide it (along with other things) quite well. Inside, however, it bothers me. A lot. Thanks to the stalwart girlfriends who have to sit an listen to my farfetched anxieties and my ridiculous gripes.

Despite the opinions of many that I should not, I have a date with RCB tomorrow. I anxiously await (but am hopefully willing away) the barrage of “I told you so”s. As Objection would say, he’s still under BODS (benefit of the doubt status).

4 Comments:

Blogger romance junkie said...

yes, andrew firestone did walk right by me today. funny!

4:33 PM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

!!!!!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Reluctant Dater said...

wait, seriously???

7:28 AM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

YES SERIOUSLY. he walked right by me...like almost brushed my shoulder.

i was also on the local news that morning. oh i'm so in.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home