Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Monday, October 02, 2006

My first

Hello readers. At RD’s not-quite incessant prompting, I have finally entered the world of blogging. To start, I will give you a little introduction to myself – the name says a lot, actually. I am a physician in the military, therefore, by the nature of the job, I am surrounded by men on a daily basis and probably have some extra perspective on dating since I’m constantly listening to these men’s takes on women and relationships. Does this improve my dating success? Not a chance - I have floundered as much as anyone else who is single, yet believe I have some useful insight into both men and dating that has been gained 1) professionally, 2) through social interactions with my coworkers and friends, and 3) from a tiny bit of therapy following my last break-up. My dating background is this - my last significant interlude in the world of dating culminated in, not a break-up on a post-it, but equally as bad in my eyes after a year-long “relationship” - a break-up over email. FB and I had intimately gotten to know each other’s families and even been deployed overseas together for many months. I drift back and forth between the ideas that FB’s decision to break up with me was because of his own issues (he was divorced after an 11 year marriage in the not too distant past – yipes, first HUGE red flag) or because he possessed narcissistic traits not all that different from RD’s Him and was using me as a mere convenience or tool to get over his marriage (on my more cynical days). Likely, I believe, the truth lies somewhere in between. But, this blog is about new adventures in dating, and becoming infected with the optimism that seems to be contagious, so I believe I am a perfect addition to this blog as I slowly and admittedly, cautiously, reenter the dating world. Thanks for having me, Match Strikers!

1 Comments:

Blogger romance junkie said...

Welcome!! I love that you have boy insight!!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home