Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Fear not the unknown.

It happened…what you’ve all been waiting for. RCB and I had the DTR. Okay, so it might have been in a slightly passive aggressive manner (as is our style), and it may have been instigated by heavily alcoholic beverages (he was drinking, I was not). But it happened. And, surprise of surprises, it was RCB who initiated.

Without going into the minute details (which, as you know, I do tend to do), let’s just say that we both told each other that, while we could be dating other people, neither one of us were or wanted to be doing so. So, we’re exclusive. I know I have critics out there who will say that he’s telling me what I want to hear, that he knows he has to say this in order for our relationship to continue as is, that he has given me reasons lately and in the past not to be trusting of him…

To you, critics, I say that I have to believe him, I have to believe in the possibility of us. If this is going to work, I have to check my baggage, and his, at the door. And, this time, it's what I want to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger NotCarrie said...

I'm not a hater! I'm thinking only good things for you two:)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home