Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Isn't it ironic...don't you think?

So, with any breakup comes cleansing. Cleansing of the soul, cleansing of the mind, cleansing of the heart and, most importantly, cleansing of the home (I can't, however, get myself to throw away his toothbrush).

I have some of RCB's stuff and I want to give it back to him. Now, before you lecture me about how I only want an excuse to see him and that, if he wants his stuff, he can ask for it, I am going to SSSHHHH you. Recent circumstances have somewhat turned my disappointment to anger. I do not feel like going into details, but I don't have any desire (I am convincing myself of this) to see him or be with him.

I have other motives, though, too (the least of which is not planning a pick up/drop off and me looking extremely hot). He, too, has something of mine. A first edition of my favorite book of all time. And I want it back. He cannot have that. Absolutely zippy chance I'm not going to get it back, some way, some how.

The best part of the story? The titles of the books we will be trading are: Between a Rock and a Hard Place and In Cold Blood. Ironic, no?

2 Comments:

Blogger Abbey said...

I think the titles of the books are absolutely hysterically fitting.

Unfortunately not only did I *only* have a toothbrush to throw away in my last relationship...he threw all my stuff away without asking me. However, I got to do the 'extremely hot' approach in the office for weeks afterwards so I guess it all works out.

I imagine there will be a range of emotions over RCB not only now, but in the future when you least expect it. Hopefully your readers (and you) will give you some slack even if you miss him in the future.

1:52 PM  
Blogger dr. strangelove said...

Ha ha, I love the titles of the two books, and LC's advice about what to do with the toothbrush!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home