Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Not a Shred of Romance

Is it so wrong that I bought my husband a paper shredder for Valentine's Day?

I feel like this may come back to haunt me if we ever have a Dr. Phil intervention.

At least I have a comeback though - he bought me a blender.

So much for sexy lingerie, chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne.......

7 Comments:

Blogger romance junkie said...

stop it! stop it! stop it! (you can't see it but i'm stamping my foot)

to quote sheryl crow: "lie to me...i promise i'll believe"

this does not happen. romance lives on. post marriage.

just kidding. that's the good stuff...even at christmas these days i'm so happy when i get the things i need rather than fluff.

8:34 AM  
Blogger spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Ok, I feel compelled to defend the institution of marriage.

What I left out of my blog, is that both gifts were accompanied by tear-inspring and genuinely sweet cards, so the presents were just icing (albeit the white icing with no flavor that's just there to cover the bland cake).

And, we both laughed about the bygone days of Tiffany jewelry and Godiva chocolates.

11:08 AM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

oh i don't know if i could ever "laugh" over bygone days of Tiffany and Godiva ;)

1:28 PM  
Blogger Starboard Tack said...

Many years ago, I bought my Valentine an iron and an ironing board...

It didn't go over well -- Not. Well. At. All.

Perhaps that is why I am now single!

5:02 PM  
Blogger spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

RJ, sadly, I never could have imagined laughing over those days either.

But, I promise that you will laugh too when you are five months pregnant and start realizing how much daycare costs, and then facing private school and college tuition.

Not to mention buying a whole new (ugly) wardrobe that you can only wear for five measley months when you are fat as a cow, as well as a whole room of furniture that will be obsolete in two years.

A blender was looking like a downright splurge! :)

6:09 PM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

i didn't know you were expecting!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

6:24 PM  
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

hehehehe - nice and oh so practical!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home