Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Banner Match Day.

It's a good thing that I have a healthy attitude about this whole Internet dating thing. I mean, I think it became very apparent this afternoon that I will most likely not be meeting my future husband via Match. Today has been a banner day. Let's see, where should I begin...

Why not start with the email I received from the 55 year old man. Yes, that's right. 55. Um, he could be my father. And, perhaps the most concerning aspect of said email was that his profile clearly stated that he was looking for women as young as the age of 21.

Then, of course, there was the wink I just received from the nice young gentleman who utilized his Virginia driver's license photo as his primary profile picture. How did I know this was the case? Well, could it be the hologram of the state of Virginia against the bright blue background?

Now, I know it can be challenging to post photos. Had it not been for the kindness of friends and the technical skills of Reluctant Dater, I would still have a profile sans photo. But, would it ever occur to me to utilize a driver's license photo? No. And, LBH, if you went to the trouble of scanning and posting a driver's license photo, couldn't you also scan in an alternative and non government issued photo?

Why am I doing this again? Oh, yes. Purely for entertainment purposes. Mine and, lucky for you, yours.

3 Comments:

Blogger danielobvt said...

What is with all the creepy old men hitting on the younger (way younger) women? Every woman I have talked to and/or met who has a profile on match gets these, its downright embarassing..... Heck, as a 29 year-old man, I don't even really look at women below 24, there is just way to much disparity in experience/expectations/self-knowledge (yes I know its an overgeneralization, but that just seems like a good rule of thumb).

7:10 PM  
Blogger Reluctant Dater said...

What's even creepier is old[er] men who live in states that are far far away...

7:36 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That's the best when guys are looking for their age range starting at 18 and they are 45. There's just something so so so wrong with that.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home