Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Like Me??

Note: this is an addendum to Objection's post below.

So, after she and I conversed about the "See more like him" feature, I was slightly inspired. What the heck, I thought. I'm going to check out my "competition." I went to my own [um, awesome] profile and clicked on the "See more like her" option...just to see who the nice folks at Match.com were pitting me against.

Apparently, there are eight pages of women who are "like" me. In what way(s), I'm not really sure. Aside from the fact that they're female and are looking for a male counterpart,
  1. Few of them are the same age as I.
  2. Few of them live anywhere near where I live.
  3. Many of them have glamour shots and botoxed lips.
  4. Some of them don't even live in the same state as I.
  5. None of them have profiles as witty and intriguing as mine.

This makes me a bit nervous. And, whose profiles lead to me? Did one of my suitors find me using this option?

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

The "more like him/her" function is based on race and I'm not sure what else - maybe body type? When I click on a black guy's profile and then hit "more like him" I only get other black guys. Same with Asians.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home