Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Friday, May 19, 2006

My Apologies...

...that Objection and I have been absent for so long. I'd like to say my reason is because I've been busy dating up a storm (ahem, Objection), but of course that is not the case. In fact, it's been quite the opposite. As you all know (if we, in fact, have any "fans" left), I was contemplating allowing my Match subscription to lapse once my three months were finished. That day, my friends, is tomorrow. I've informed the good people at Match that I am not interested in renewing my subscription (btw, once you do this, they try to trick you into renewing---like every time you sign on after you give them notice, this big "please renew me" screen pops up...and the buttons are huge! And then, way at the bottom, there's a "No thanks, just take me to my profile page." Conveniently created in an extremely small font directly underneath the "I'd like to renew" option so that, in case of a slip of the finger, you're signed on for three more effing months).

I am finished with this chapter in my dating life (and what a small chapter it was). Where I go from here is yet to be determined.

Do I try out the "see what happens" route, living life as usual and waiting for Mr. Right to fall into my lap?

Do I sign up for another online dating site so that I can be introduced to other individuals looking for love in cyberspace?

Do I find some single girlfriends and hit the town in search of the one?

I think I'm going to just go the "see what happens" road...it's less pressure. I hated the idea of meeting someone for the first time with the sole purpose of dating him. I mean, when you go on a Match date you know you're meeting a stranger so that you can decide if you want to pursue more. Too. Much. Pressure.

Don't worry, though...just because I'm no longer playing with matches does not mean I do not have stories to share. I have tons of stories, some more entertaining than others. Lessons learned, if you will. I will not leave you, dear readers. I will just be finding my inspiration in other ways...

Teaser: this upcoming week, for instance there is an event where it will be very likely that I will run into (hopefully not at the same time, but wonders never cease) the last two "men" who were lucky enough to get to hang out with me.

Don't worry, I'll be prepared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home