Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

One Month Later

Almost a month to the day of my breakup with EE, I got back on the horse and had my first date with AG. The date went very well. I found that I was far more comfortable than I generally am on first dates. LBH, I can talk to basically anyone about anything, but there's a real difference between nervous prattle and/or FB and real, honest, open conversation. And, unlike my first date with EE, I was even conscious of AG's eye color at the end of the evening. The date ended with promises to exchange real contact info (as opposed to just corresponding through our online dating service's e-mail), discussion of getting together again, and a brief hug. I like him. That's a simultaneously thrilling and scary reality. Having sent my contact info already and having heard nothing in response as of yet, I'm afraid maybe I sent said contact information too soon. Ah, the world of dating. So. Much. Effing. Fun.

7 Comments:

Blogger allan said...

Objection I had the same thing happen with an EH date. We went out, had a really good time, I thought things clicked, never heard from her.

So, I closed the match only to have her ask me to re-open it, then she closed it a month later (I think she just wanted to win ;)).

6:13 PM  
Blogger JoJo said...

I had boycotted dating for a while. Which was pretty easy to do considering I'm too busy to even sleep lately. But, I hear you on the world of dating. Doesn't matter if it's online, face to face, or recycled (as my recent experience has been) - it still sucks.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Reluctant Dater said...

Hahaha, Jojo, I love the term "recycled dating." I'm totally recycling right now!

8:29 PM  
Blogger dr. strangelove said...

Why recycle when you can just make the same mistake with a new but similar person (insert cynicism here)?

9:52 PM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

recycling happens...especially if they are "do overs"

and objection..i'm going to recycle classic advice from my mother. she likes to tell me to just enjoy it. that there is no use thinking about what could happen. if they call and you feel like going out with them go. if not don't. don't worry about marriage, kids, etc. if that is what is supposed to happen it will and shoudl they not happen it isn't that big a deal.

she says that she thinks a lot of my generation will end up not getting married. so there will be tons of fun to have even if i'm a geriatric single.

(i have not mastered this way of thought at all. though i have been working on NOT talking myself into people just because i'm lonely or want a date for a wedding:D )

10:35 AM  
Blogger Objection said...

Thanks for all advice and commentary. RJ, your mom's advice is excellent. I tend to get worked up about where I "should" be at this point in my life (with 30 just around the corner), but really if it is supposed to happen it will. Easier said than done to not worry about such things, but very true. Update -- I did hear from AG and there was mention of scheduling another time to hang out. Nothing concrete, but still promising I think. Thanks again.

12:43 PM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

yay. that is excellent news.

sucks that sometimes we have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home