Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

I was going to post about my year and all the ups and downs but realized none of them involved relationships...especially those with men. I have seemed to unwittingly spent the past six months in a sort of datingl coma. Sure I've partied and have been social...but I haven't really invested much in anyone at any time. In fact, at one point I went out with a guy at the urging of my friends even though I knew I didn't want to and wasn't attracted to him. And he was the one that looked stupid in the end. So in hopes of shedding off my past year and entering one which (hopefully!) will include many highs and lows in the dating realm and, in turn provide me with insane amounts of blog material, here are some new rules, and the first steps I have takend to begin implementing them in my life:

1. I will take better care of myself.

I am hitting the gym (fairly regularly) and getting pedicures bi-weekly. Soon I hope to add in facials...massages...yoga...sky's the limit. Oh and I actually finally got a fun rockstar hairdo...much more indicative of my personality than the all one lenght blunt cut.

2. I will join groups which do fun things.

I have recently joined a weekly kickball team and next week am joining flag football (which will be very interesting because I'm not that athletic but I've realized I like men that are...so go where they go)

3. I will have lots of crushes and I will be vocal about them.

In the past, I have never said I like someone or am attracted to someone out of fear that they may not feel the same about me...i know, it is shocking. How could someone not realize how absolutely amazing I am.

So recently, I've been vocal about my crushes. A few months ago I met a guy when I was out on a date with the lump I mentioned above...we ran into him in a store and the lump never introduced me. About three weeks ago, he was at a party I attended...and so the next weekend at brunch I asked that party's hostess...who is that guy I have a crush? She told me to keep having a crush and invited him last weekend...

so what did I do??? I emailed him (AGAIN another out of the norm action taken by me)

so we've now been emailing...talked about getting lunch...and he invited me to dinner with friends next week.

so my final rule this year (at least for right now)

4. I will initiate contact with men.

3 Comments:

Blogger romance junkie said...

i just read through...i know there are typos and where i went back and accidently cut out words..

just deal.

have a happy saturday night!!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Reluctant Dater said...

those are EXCELLENT rules and EXCELLENT follow throughs, friend. i can't wait to read about them all. or hear. whatever.

ps i must see pic of this new 'do.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi everyone,

I just designed a new dating website that I hope you will enjoy. It will go live in about 2 months.

Meet-n-speak.com

I put a new twist to online dating--the ability to speak to other members--right from your own computer.

If you find someone you like, you can request to voice chat with them if they are online.


All you need is a mic and headphones.

There is no cost. Ever! 100% free.

check it out!

Again, I am going live in 2 months but I want to have members create their profiles beforehand.

Have fun!

Thanks!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home