Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Perspective

UPDATE: Dinner never occurred. It was to be last Wednesday but both of us had scheduling conflicts...so we moved to Friday. Friday morning I get an email cancelling with a good excuse...but one he should have made prior to the day of...

so my response was that i understood but that since he didn't seem to be interested in having dinner with me and i was starting to feel same...we shouldn't worry with rescheduling.

i got no response to that...

which is probably for the best. i'm sure i'll see him around and unfortunately for me i have much bigger things to worry about...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch...I recently did the same thing. If we don't feel like seeing the dude, why should we feel bad about canceling. I canceled without an excuse, I had never done that. Initially I felt bad. I got over it.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Shorty said...

Good for you. I think we should all try to spend our free time doing things we enjoy, not honoring obligations (we do enough of that).

1:31 PM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

yeah. it was a hard email to write in some ways...because there was a part of me that wanted to say okay let's pick another time...but i'm tired of being cancelled on...he could have easily written back that he was interested..made some sort of play...but he didn't...so i'll chalk it up to his disinterest...and move on :D i have a really "fun" weekend coming up anyways...so who needs him

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the spirit! Once you open yourself up to more opportunities you will attract someone that it won't be "work" for you.
This is supposed to be the fun time, that's how I see it.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi everyone,

I just designed a new dating website that I hope you will enjoy. It will go live in about 2 months.

Meet-n-speak.com

I put a new twist to online dating--the ability to speak to other members--right from your own computer.

If you find someone you like, you can request to voice chat with them if they are online.


All you need is a mic and headphones.

There is no cost. Ever! 100% free.

check it out!

Again, I am going live in 2 months but I want to have members create their profiles beforehand.

Have fun!

Thanks!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Peace Turkey said...

I check the Playing with Matches blog everyday, hoping there is an update. And I'm always excited when there is. I came across your blog when I googled Kate Winslet's speech in the Holiday. There just happened to be a post about that speech here. And your blog has been on my favorites list ever since. It helps me realize I'm not out here alone, stewing in my own torment about dating. :-) I'd love to be a contributor!

6:52 AM  
Blogger allan said...

He's ajerk and you deserve better...you did the right thing.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home