Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Friday, June 16, 2006

I'd Like to Thank...

Before the end of this month, my Match subscription will come to an end. And, I've made the decision not to renew said subscription. As we come to the conclusion of this era in my dating history, I'd like to take the opportunity to express my gratitude to the following people:

1. To all those age 65 and over who are looking for a woman ages 18-45 who sent me winks and e-mails, thanks for keeping my inbox full on lonely nights;

2. To those who put no thought at all into developing your profiles (as evidenced by your inappropriate photographs and grammatically incorrect paragraphs), thanks for helping to provide HOURS of entertainment and blog-worthy material;

3. To RD, who "forced" me to join Match and who offered substantial technical assistance in helping me create my profile, thanks for the endless support which started out as technical in nature and developed into a 24-7 dating advice line;

4. To all friends who kept track of my whereabouts in order to ensure my safety and who offered pre-date advice and post-date analysis;

5. To my parents, for supporting this new fangled dating method; and

6. To EE, for making it all worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home