Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm It

1. I have a bizarre and almost frightening ability to recall dates. This talent surpasses a mere ability to remember birthdays or anniversaries. For example today (June 1) is the 11 year anniversary of my first day of work at a local theme park petting zoo.

2. When I was about three years old, I was obsessed with dinosaurs. One would think this to be a fairly harmless obsession. And, it was...until that faithful day when I was pretending to be a dinosaur and bit my father's watch resulting in the loss of one of my front teeth. A short time later, I lost my other front tooth when I fell when exiting the Mayor McCheese playground equipment at McDonalds.

3. I am a firm believer in delayed gratification, and nowhere is this more evident than in my eating habits. For example, take your average piece of pizza. Most people pick up said pizza and eat it. Not me. First, I eat all of the toppings utilizing a fork. Then I use the fork to eat the cheese. Once the cheese is removed, I sprinkle Parmesan (if available) on the remaining marinara and crust and eat with my hands. Don't even ask how I eat a Hostess cup cake.

4. I am terrified of monkeys.

5. Every time I use salt in cooking, I take a small amount and toss it over my right shoulder for good luck.

6. When I was in second grade, I would pretend that my life was a television show. I would imagine that cameras followed me around and filmed the mundane activities of my daily life (school, dance classes, etc). Little did I know that years later, t.v. producers would utilize this same concept in developing the genre of reality television. The daily events of my life as an eight year old were much more entertaining than half of the reality shows on t.v. today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

6) Me too. Actually, I would narrate in my head what I was doing as if I was writing a book about it. Until one day I accidentally narrated out loud in front of my class, and that was the end of THAT budding writing career.

5) I don't mean to be a know-it-all, but you're supposed to throw it over your left shoulder, to blind the little demon who sits there. You've been blinding your guardian angel. Or maybe that's what you meant to do. :)

4:06 PM  
Blogger aL said...

OCD, just a little?

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home