Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Analysis

So, another first date. Analysis? The conversation flowed very well. We had a lot to talk about. We have a similar sense of humor, which is key. The date lasted about three hours, which I take as a good sign. It ended with a comment that it was "nice meeting me," I was given a kiss on the cheek and I got into a cab. But, there was no mention of future dates. Not even an amorphous "we should do this again some time." So, this afternoon I'll send a thank you e-mail (which is more than I did with EE), but I won't count on anything further.

How does this make me feel?

Well, I think it was good to go out and get back on the horse after AG. In the (unlikely) event that HS asks me out again, I'll go. I've decided, however, that I'm not going to push myself here. I'm not going to communicate with guys on the various dating websites just to communicate. I'm not going to go on dates just to give myself something to do. Honestly, I don't feel the need to do it. I think I'm getting tired of trying and that maybe taking some time off might be a good thing.

I came home also to find an e-mail from AG in the old inbox. Sigh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ganesh said...

How did AG take the break-up?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Objection said...

In short, probably better than I. I think that while I'm the one that actually said,"this won't work," I was essentially reacting to him. So, in some ways I can't really say I was the one that did the breaking up. However, thus far, we've done okay with the friendship thing. Probably too early to tell though.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much left unsaid, it seems! Even if he wasn't coherent enough to immediately signal a future rendezvous, surely there were some tell-tale future loaded conversation topics over three hours?

Kudos on squaring yourself up in the dating mirror, your expectations about your role in a dating scenario seem very realistic and achievable!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home