Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Monday, November 13, 2006

back and ready for

nothing. which is crazily true. the last month or two i have battled with the fact that while i meet men consistently and go out on (what I consider) plenty of dates...nothing stirs any excitement within me. sometimes i'm even annoyed with the fact i have a date. the thought of getting "pretty" and making small talk or even feigning concern over their lives seems like too much effort. i remember the days of moving heaven and earth to open my schedule in the hopes that just maybe a boy would call...i miss those days.

so three theories have been flying through my head:

1. i haven't met anyone who makes me feel giddy or takes over my thoughts.
2. i have met people who would/should make me feel something but i'm so jaded and damaged i refuse to allow myself to feel anything.
3. i have so much going on with myself, and feel completely unsettled and at times out of control with the path my life is taking that i have no urge or inclination to be bothered caring for anyone in a romantic sense or complicating my life with that drivel.

3 Comments:

Blogger Starboard Tack said...

Personally, I believe you should choose Door #1.

Door #2 and Door #3 sound like a bout of insecurity again... why go there? If you don't believe in yourself, why should someone else?

I am quite sure the answer is #1.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly? It sounds like you might be a little depressed. I was like that after my break up with my ex. I just dreaded dates and going out. I had no desire to make the effrort and all I wanted to do was stay in. Maybe you're just in a dating rut?

11:48 PM  
Blogger dr. strangelove said...

RJ, I can totally relate to how you are feeling. For me I'm mostly not looking due to my impending move and bad ending to my last relationship. There's a time for everything - before you know it you will be flooded by interesting, cute, intoxicating boys.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home