Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Donezo

Well, it's over. And, I think it's for the best. This gal just can't share. This gal never wants to be a decision among many -- she wants to be the one. I think there's a chance AG and I may maintain a friendship of sorts. And, who knows...in the words of Ben Harper "further along, we just may." But, timing is everything. The chance that we'll be at the same place at the same time in the future, LBH, is slim to none. So I start the week as 100% single, again. I'm a little sad. I'm a little disappointed. I'm pretty frustrated. But, at the end of the day, I stood up for me. I didn't go along with a crazy scheme that would have only resulted in lots of anxiety and concerns. In the words of Kelly Taylor, "I chose me." This is a pretty big step, and I'm proud of myself. Back to the drawing board ladies. And, can I just address the fact that I just quoted Ben Harper and Kelly Taylor in a single blog entry. Wow. I am a Renaissance woman.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ganesh said...

Getting over someone, I think, comes in waves. Be good to yourself when the unwanted emotions hit. You quoted Ben Harper (I had to look up Kelly Taylor), so I'll quote Ben Folds, who said, before declaring his love, "Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls\Brought me here". Be kind to yourself, and I'm sure you'll do super.

Fuck. I sounds like Oprah.

And btw, you women of Playing With Matches have inspired me to write, for the first time ever, about love. Enjoy.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Starboard Tack said...

Good for you! I am proud of you, as it seems like you made the right decision.

To me, the words that AG used sounded strikingly similar to the words that I might use -- and probably have used ;-) -- in a situation where I wasn't especially crazy over a girl, but I didn't want to lose the sex. When I really like a girl, I don't ever tell her I want to be free to date someone else.

Yes, you made the right decision...

8:09 PM  
Blogger Objection said...

Thank you gentlemen, for the kind words. If I've learned anything over my past year of dating (which came about after a six year relationship followed by a year of solo time), it is that each of these experiences makes me a bit stronger. I would like to also think that they prepare me for the wonderful long term relationship that I'm convinced must be waiting for me; I'm admittedly a bit of a hopeless romantic. I look at these mini-relationships as practice for the real thing. I'm also glad that we bloggers here at Playing With Matches were able to inspire Ganesh to write a truly moving piece reagrding matters of the heart. Silver linings all around.

8:30 PM  
Blogger jo said...

kelly taylor? as in beverly hills 90210? or am i dreaming? haha!

anyhow i'm glad that you chose yourself. i'm proud of you.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Ganesh said...

I'm also glad that we bloggers here at Playing With Matches were able to inspire Ganesh to write a truly moving piece reagrding matters of the heart.

Crimony. Second post in a row you've made me blush. Thanks for the compliment.

11:01 PM  
Blogger JoJo said...

Good for you for standing up to what you want. Now, can you teach the rest of us to figure it out?

6:41 AM  
Blogger dr. strangelove said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:52 PM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

harper and taylor...you ARE my hero. sorry to hear about this...

7:52 PM  
Blogger dr. strangelove said...

Objection, way to go! I am not sure, if in your shoes, that I would have been able to do it at this point. I am sure that you are emotionally involved with AG to some degree already, and having the guts to figure out that his values aren't in alignment with yours this early when everything is still fairly new and fun is commendable. Obviously I'm not one who can objectively comment on the contacting of FWBs, but I'm not convinced that they are all bad, at least in moderation. =) I cannot believe your mom "hearts" him though! Funny.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home