Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

ho hum.

I saw a movie a couple of months ago. I can't remember the name but the main character was a woman who worked long hours, came home made dinner for herself, poured herself a glass of wine, read or watched tv and then went to bed.

This is my life lately.

And while it is not such a bad thing especially given where I am in my life and the things I want to accomplish in the next couple of years...it certainly doesn't give me much blog material.

I'm still playing team sports. Kickball is almost over and Flag Football is just getting started...but there doesn't seem any matches to strike at these events and I'm not so sure I would want to interrupt team dynamics with a crush or flirtation.

I'm also moving downtown to an area which while yuppie infested there is an overabundance of men who like other men...which is unfortunate for me.

So my fellow bloggers...its your time to step up to the plate. I literally have nothing...no drama...no fantastic dates...nothing but work and a solitary meal to blog about..i'm sure your lives must be more exciting than mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

Why don't you do some things that you are interested in, without any agenda for meeting guys? If you do something you enjoy, you will be more attractive because you are putting out a positive vibe.

8:32 AM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

actually i don't really seem to be interested in meeting men right now.

but that is the topic of this blog...or at least experiences in the realm of dating.

not interested in meeting men nor dating one...leaves me with no blogging material..

HENCE my plea for fellow bloggers to step up.

so i guess. thanks for the unnecessary advice.

8:36 AM  
Blogger dr. strangelove said...

RJ, I know how you are feeling. My life exactly, not meeting men, not interested in men. Definitely not blog-worthy which poses a problem when one writes a dating blog. I too am moving in a month or so, to a much less rural area than I am in now, so then, perhaps, there will be worthy blogging material. Until then, happy to comment on someone else's dating life. =) RD, how was meet the parents??

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home