Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

i'm so being psuedo long distance girlfriended

so i am going through my not-the-most-pleasant-person time of the month (i think AND hope) and i'm trying not to be annoyed...but PLEASE...

we went one one date (last tuesday). i offered to pay for my meal. you had me pay for it. you got my movie ticket but looked at me like i was crazy when i made you buy my drink.

then friday. you text at 9:45ish and say you are coming over to watch movie. you show up at 11:45. you grope me in what i'm sure you thought was sexy but was the exact opposite and when i finally got you to stop you proceeded to pass out on my couch.

now honestly.

why do you think it is okay to call me EVERYDAY? and today when i got your voicemail and didn't return you call, why did you think it was okay to text me "goodnight" later tonight?

and on top of this behavior you don't ask me out or to do anything.

it's not that i don't think you are semi-cute. but let's face it, you haven't exactly swept me off my feet nor do your actions warrant me waiting expectantly for your calls.

grow a pair.

3 Comments:

Blogger allan said...

F him. He just texted on on Friday night and said "i am coming over"?? You deserve better than that, you are too good to be treated like that.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Shorty said...

Hot damn, RJ. I love this..."grow a pair." I may have to add that to my ever-growing list of favorite things to say :) Hang in there chica...unfortunately, I can't offer any more inspiration right now. I have clearly lost my mojo!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

UUUGGGHHHHHH - why is it that its the boys you DONT want to call call y ou and the charming ones never pay any attention?

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home