Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Objection's Week In Review

A few bits of excitement from the past few days:

1. I received an e-mail from a kid on one of my Internet dating services of choice. In the first e-mail he asked for my phone number. Uncomfortable with this, I responded avoiding the request. He wrote back and again asked for my number. So, after consulting with RD, I wrote back explaining that I was a bit of an old fashioned on-line dater and liked to e-mail a bit before exchanging numbers. His response? He closed out the match. Truth be told, I wasn't that into it anyway (or else I would have given out the number). The reason I wasn't into it? Well, for one I didn't feel the chemistry and two...well see number 2 below.

2. Second date with AG was a success. Looks like a third date may occur in the near future. Yay! Of course, I'm a little concerned. Due to some technical difficulties, I am not positive my most recent e-mail to him actually sent. I mean, it's in my "sent" mail and there's a flag next to his most recent e-mail indicating that I replied to it, so I'm assuming that it did in fact send. But, I will continue to nervously monitor this until I receive a reply. And, I fear being OTT and thus will not re-send said e-mail. Dear me.

3. FWB returns. That's right. After almost a month of being MIA (a record lack of communication for us), he popped up in my inbox yesterday. In someways, I wonder if the period of MIA was a good thing. Had he been available right after the EE breakup, well we all know what would have transpired...and this would have precluded me from following other leads (aka AG). I haven't responded to FWB yet. I'll give it a day or so. Let's face it, I want to maintain the friendship even sans the benefits, but I need to make him wait at least a day in the old inbox.

That's all from Objection. Never a dull moment.

4 Comments:

Blogger allan said...

Congrats on a successful second date with AG and we'll hope for a good third date :).

I have gone through whole email exchanges with people on dating sites and not gotten their phone numbers until the day before/of the date. It is odd to ask for a phone number right off the bat.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Objection said...

Thank you Allan for reassuring me on the proper procedure for on-line dating. I've followed the same process of not revealing my phone number until the day of a date (or even not until after the first date). It's good to know that I'm not crazy.

6:44 PM  
Blogger allan said...

Whoa...I didn't say you weren't crazy, just that you were following proper dating etiquette :)

8:34 PM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

i'm just really impressed you online date at all. i have not gotten the nerve up to do this...though partly because my town is just too small.

i did sign up for the free match.com and i get people i know in "my matches"

weird.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home