Playing With Matches

What started as a means of chronicling the online dating experiences of two picky yet adventurous almost thirty somethings has turned into a chronicle of all that is, was and has made up their collective dating histories. Our two original daters are now joined by several other fun, breezy, sassy gals, and Playing With Matches is now a missive on dating misadventures, a cacophony of ups and downs, turmoil and bliss. With a bit of snark mixed in here and there.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Why, Oh Why! Are they are ALWAYS married???

I saw him once. He was walking out the door and I just happened to look up as he looked at me. Our eyes met and both time and my heart stopped all at once. But as soon as it began it was over and he was gone. That was over a month ago...

But I saw him tonight. I was moving through a crowd and I looked up to say excuse me as a skirted past a man. Of course it was HIM. And of course, it took me a minute to move my eyes up his chest to his gorgeous blue eyes which recognized me as well.

Then, again, the moment passed and I moved on...only to look back and note that he was part of a foursome and there was a woman latched to his side.

I'm shameless. I knew he had to be married. How could this man still be single?

And there she was a tiny, tiny blonde. The bane of my existence.

Someday I will get over the men who marry petite blondes with pinched faces...someday.

9 Comments:

Blogger Reluctant Dater said...

in the immortal words of brooke davis (of our fave, one tree hill), "it's bad enough to try to steal someone's boyfriend...but someone's husband?"

not that you would do that, i just thought it was funny. and especially because brooke is such a ho. and pregnant!

but it DOES suck. there always seems to be an obstacle, doesn't there?

8:33 AM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

ha! i've been watching that again this season because my bro's girlfriend watches it.

yes. always an obstacle.

9:30 AM  
Blogger jo said...

is it just me or is everyone (else) married?

7:03 AM  
Blogger allan said...

RJ: just remember 50% of all marriages end in divorce, so the guy has a pretty good chance of being on the market again :).

9:32 AM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

nah. probably has kids. don't really think of myself as step-mom material

3:51 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Jesus. I feel like this is happening to our entire generation. And it needs to stop. Right now. I empathsize, fellow blogger (although I am blonde). I hate men and their ways sometimes! (Only sometimes though.)

10:16 PM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

btw..in my defense. RD googled this individual today and she understood completely.

some days i love being 30 other days i hate it.

btw...i'm job searching dc...so soon i will officially be a dc single.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Reluctant Dater said...

yes, i did google image him.

and he's HOT. like seriously hot. those eyes ARE piercing.

i don't think dc can handle you, me and objection. seriously. all we need is the dr to head back up here and everyone around us is in for some t-r-o-u-b-l-e.

10:21 PM  
Blogger romance junkie said...

we'll see. i may be on my way. i just might have outgrown these digs...at least career wise.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home